Search This Blog

Monday, October 01, 2007

This Month...


I've joined a couple of--I don't know what you call these blogging movements--but I've joined in on a couple this month.

At Olivia's blog, I found out about DOTEDTSY--Do One Thing Each Day That Scares You--started by Jessie and inspired by a wonderful quote from Eleanor Roosevelt. I feel as though the last six weeks or so have been full of things that scare me, from standing up to the neighbors about their vicious dogs, to being true to what I know is right as a school board member and parent, to painting faces... I'm going to do one small (or large) thing every day that I would have normally avoided. I know this will push me...

And at Elizabeth's blog, I read about The Big Draw, a month-long commitment to doing at least one sketch every day. I've been drawing/doodling faces like crazy since my big breakthrough, but I'm also going to make myself sketch from life.

And so, I submit my first 'big draw'--the view out my studio window, including my old old barn...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Yeay! your first drawing... I LIKE it very much.

I like the way that this drawing thing makes you really look at something/everything and study what is there not what you think is there... If you follow my drift.

FUN!