Search This Blog

Friday, January 01, 2016

Illustration Friday: Moon

"Piper's Moon"
[Stretched canvas, collages and painted background, vintage book illustration, moon stamped on old book page, gold leaf]

Years ago, when I first had my studio and was really experimenting with art techniques, I used to religiously participate in Illustration Friday. It was the perfect way to make myself think outside the box and work quickly. Then, as I sold more art and had a few.gallery shows and then branched out into jewelry and metalwork, somehow IF fell by the wayside.

As a nod to getting the blog back up and running, I'm going to commit to doing both Illustration Friday and Paint Party Friday. So, in the spirit of New Year's resolutions (which I am not a fan of) here's my first illustration. This week's topic was "Moon" and I was just three days ago considering putting this piece up for sale in my Etsy shop! It's kismet...

No comments: