Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

More Beads

More beads from my experiments. The house is approximately 1/2 inch thick. I've highlighted it with gold gilders paste (one of my new favorite things!).

The top left bead is hollow, like a pod would be. I twisted up tin foil and formed the clay around it. I removed the tin foil after baking. I texturized it with some seed beads I had that were on wire.

I intended that the bottom bead also look very organic, like a seed or a nut. I wrapped the clay in some crepe paper that I stole from the girls' stash of party supplies. I've decided that I don't like the gold gilders paste highlighting the white clay, so that's going to change. I may use black, or dry brush it with some burnt umber acrylic,,,


1 comment:

Lynn Cohen said...

I like the one that looks like a house!!! And the bottom one is cool with its grooves you created!

Karen, I responded to your comment on my blog last week. Not sure if you saw it or not. But said among other things that it would be great if we met up over a taco or grilled veggie bowl at TJ's one day to chat and draw together! I look forward to that! Congrats to Joel! Excited for you all.