Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

Some Painty Ponderings

I've been thinking a lot lately about the things that keep coming up again and again in my artwork. When something keeps coming up over and over in life, it usually means that it's something I need to pay attention to--and I'm thinking it's the same way in my art. When I've been doing these intuitive paintings, even tho I'm not intentionally putting these things in them, I keep discovering them within the painting.

So what keeps cropping up?

1. Faces. Mainly girls and women. And eyes (just single eyes, kinda creepy, i know, but there you go).

2. Birds, wings, and flight.

3. Pattern (as in the zentangles, although maybe more organic and natural in shape).

4. Houses (in the distance) and doors (up close).

Interesting to note that these are also some persistent themes from my dreams--I'm sure there's a connection there.

Also (and this fits in with both the idea of intuitive painting and dreams) I have always liked the idea of things that are partially hidden and not quite clear. Sometimes I think that just the IMPRESSION of something is enough--

Just some thoughts...




www.artinthegarage.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

We have a lot of similarities in our recurring motifs.
Rinda