Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

Intuitive Painting, the Flu, Photo Coasters, and a Busy Family

First off, a time-lapse video of one of the paintings I've been working on in the little bit of free time I've had...

It's been a busy winter-spring. We all the the flu, multiple times, and Jenny was busy practicing for the school musical ("Oz"), and I took a job doing what was originally an order of 280 photo coasters for the local country club's big spring tournament--

I went and took 150 pictures of the golf course on one very cold and windy day, then chose four to edit and print out for transfers on to tiles for coasters. Each golfer in the tournament will get a set of four coasters. It's been fun, but a lot of work. The nice thing about this is that not only do I earn a little bit of money, but my artwork will go out into the world... I'll write more about the process and show some pictures in another post--

It seems as though it is the blog that I let go when things are super-busy around here. I manage to squeeze in a little bit of painting, no matter what, but if I don't have time to do justice to the blog (which includes visiting all my bloggy friends) I just put it aside...

5 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

I loved watching the painting come to life! Amazing process!

Everyone is dealing with life!
blogging less, but hopefully still finding time to create.

I was happy to see your post today. Glad you all survived the flu.

And I hope to see more of your art as you have time to post it.
Bravo on the golf course ART!!!

Giggles said...

Thanks for the inspirational video.... makes me want to bust out my paints tonight!!!

Glad you blogged this week! Life can often be overwhelming enough without putting pressure on yourself to blog!!

Have a great week!

Hugs Giggles

Elisa said...

what lovely time lapsed video. a very breathe taking one. Love the bold colors! Great work on the golf course project. Glad also that you're all getting well. Take care!

Christine said...

Lovely work, Karen, great idea to do the video. Welcome back!

denthe said...

Oh my, that video is amazing. Love to see your painting come to life! It's beautiful ...