Search This Blog

Monday, June 08, 2009

Observations on Making Art and Collage No. 26


Something I've noticed since I began making one collage every day is that I've gotten caught up in the collage-making and haven't done any actual painting. Of course, this has been complicated by the fact that I've been laying laminate flooring, but now that everything's (pretty much) reorganized, I'm starting to paint again.

The good thing is that 'one collage every day' has helped me let go of the need for immediate perfection in every piece I create. I think it's vital that art-making remain a joyful activity, at least for me.

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

I'm glad you are enjoying life and art making!!!!!

Janet said...

Yes, art is joyful for me, too....and it involves very little perfection!