Search This Blog

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Art In The Studio With Jenny




One of the things I had to struggle with when I started making art was the issue of SHARING.

I started amassing a collection of rubber stamps and pretty papers and canvases and paint and ink, and I didn't want it to get ruined. Maybe I'm just selfish (probably), or maybe it just sprang from not having many art supplies when I was little, but I had to make a not-very-easy but conscious decision that my kids could use my stuff.

I thought about it, and realized 'it's just stuff, and my kids are more important.' Now don't get me wrong, there are some rules, but for the most part, my stuff is their stuff, as long as they respect it and clean up after themselves.

Here are the pieces Jenny made last night while we were down here in the studio. I was sorting through some of the piles in the back room, and she was just a busy beaver. I love the 'mixed up' creature (click on it to take a closer look), and of course I adore the big blue heart/card/message.

3 comments:

Ascender Rises Above said...

creating archival art by children; wishing my girls would have had access to those materials "back in the day"

Lynn Cohen said...

The number two card is worth all the money in the world..
and by sharing you are giving them such a GIFT...look at the creativity that is coming from that sharing! Everyone wins here.
EVeryONE!

See me sharing my art supplies with my grandkids on my blog post today (Sunday).

KellyJ said...

I love these! Jenny's one of my favorite people in the world, and now I know she's one very creative kid, too. The mixed up creature is wonderful and the card so sweet, too.