Monday, May 19, 2008
Sunday in the Studio
Had fun yesterday making a new journal. Based this on Teesha Moore's directions at her website HERE. Of course, I changed the directions some--didn't have waxed linen thread, so used wire instead, which I like to use for book binding anyways, and didn't have book cloth so I just used a scrap of canvas. I gessoed the (red) canvas when I gessoed the covers, then painted over it. I love how the canvas ended up looking.
Only change I would make in the process is that I would paint the pages with watercolor/acrylics BEFORE binding. It was hard waiting for pages to dry so I could paint other pages. I'll be collaging over them as well as drawing and writing, but painting the pages is kind of the 'first step' and I'd have like to have done it more quickly.
I'll post pictures of the pages as I go so you can watch the fun.