Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Steps from the Studio


I'm almost finished putting in these steps down to my studio. It's been a lot of digging, and while they don't (maybe) look like much now, once the grass comes back in and the dirt settles a bit, I think it will look nice--very rustic and practical. It probably won't rain much more this year--for those of you who don't know, the Central Valley gets approximately 14 inches of precipitation IN A YEAR, the vast majority of which falls between November and April--but if it does get wet and slippery, at least I won't have to worry about falling on my way down to the studio. I have to cut one more board and dig just a little bit more, and then at least one project will be finished!

4 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Such a woman you are! Great job, very well done. You must be proud!!! I look forward to a photo when the grass grows over and you have a lovely pathway to your studio. Glad you will be safe. Now just watch out for the pesky goats! ;-)

Jessie said...

oh, yummy!!! i love these steps. do you realize what you're doing to me by posting this photo? you are totally INSPIRING me!!! :)

i love it!

Anonymous said...

I love footpaths! What a strong woman you are...wife, mother, teacher, artist, school board member, goat raiser and digger of steps!

Unknown said...

Wow, you must have done a lot of didding there. It looks romantic!
Andrea