Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Last Night's Sketches







The kids all had piles and piles of homework last night so there was no distracting TV or computer, which means that I got lots of sketching done (interrupted at regular intervals by questions about mitochondria, stem and leaf plots, histograms, and spelling, all of which began with "Mom, mom, mom..." but that's a whole other blog entry).

So here are some of the sketches I did last night, done on the back of scrap paper. Thought I'd share...

4 comments:

KellyJ said...

Great sketches! Love how your style has emerged. These ladies are so obviously "Karen's." Such a graceful line ...

And I love the one eye at the bottom of a page!

Lynn Cohen said...

it is fun to see your sketches...I see these ladies as belonging to a group, a club, some garden party, not sure what where...just all united in some way.
Much more fun than the bowls, candlesticks and fruit I was sketching in class last night.
BTW I am going to take a sketching class next month, and acrylic painting too. Maybe I'll get to start a group too/bananas unite? We'll see! LOL

Olivia said...

I have never known anyone that created art except on the Internet so I never knew how anyone worked...I really appreciated this post because it tells so much about your process, right there with your family! I enjoyed looking at the ladies (although there were no words :) and noticing (as I think Kelly mentioned) the subtle and not-so-subtle differences in emotions revealed on their faces...how sometimes a small change yields a totally different sense of emotion!

WOW,

O

Unknown said...

wonderful sketches! Each face is unique,
Andrea