Thursday, August 16, 2007
I tried overprinting with my inkjet printer today. I opened one of my digital pieces, then printed it out on a piece of watercolor paper that had been collaged with music and phone book pages. Before I printed, I coated that with clear gesso. Of course, I'm always impatient, so I only let the gesso dry for fifteen minutes. I imagine I'd have had a more vibrant print if I'd let it dry overnight.
The paper was pretty thick, so I set the printer on "envelope" and moved the lever which lets thicker papers through.
I think I should have put a translucent coat of titan buff or zinc white down, to let the image pop a little bit more.
I want to keep experimenting with over- and underprinting.