Search This Blog

Monday, January 04, 2016

"Grit and Grace" Online Class with Katie Kendricks

{Image copyright Katie Kendrick}


I am so excited! I signed up to take Katie Kendrick's new online art class, Grit and Grace. It begins on January 11th and runs for four weeks. I've always loved Katie's art as well as her blog, and this is a Christmas gift I bought for myself from the proceeds of my before-Christmas trunk sale of my jewelry.

I've done a couple of online courses before, and while they're not as intense as an in-person class, they have lots of ways to make up for it. There's usually a Facebook group, which allows for getting to know other students in the class. It also provides a way to see other people's work, which is always inspiring. The other wonderful thing about an online course is that you can watch the videos over and over again, gleaming more from the teacher each time. I'm a big believer in learning by doing and doing and doing again, so it's perfect for me.

I'll be posting my work here on my blog as well as on my Facebook page. There's a link above if you're interested in joining me on this journey!

No comments: