Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

A Work in Progress

 
I've always been fascinated the hidden things--as a child I gravitated to the odd little spaces, behind chairs, under staircases, amongst the shrubs outside...Don't know why, but that's me.

Lately, I've been really drawn to the idea of hidden things in paintings. I've often started painting by writing some words or a quote across the canvas, knowing that by the time the painting was finished, no one but me would know the words were there. Now, I've been enjoying the freedom of realizing that PAINT COVERS! and knowing that anything I do can be undone, or redone, if I don't like it. And even better, that it all contributes to the final painting.

Just realized that that kinda applies to life, too.  Hmmm. Too much philosophy for a cloudy Friday morning...

1 comment:

Lynn Cohen said...

lovely quilted looking painting. Now you have me wondering what her hidden thoughts might be! ;-))