Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2009

I've Been A Busy Girl...


...laying laminate flooring in Katie's room! I'd never done this before, but decided I could figure it out AND save some money in the process. There was definitely a learning curve, but the next time I do it (in the studio) things will go much more smoothly.

This was the inexpensive laminate, at Lowe's for 97 cents a square foot--it looks and feels great--

The little white desk belonged to Katie's science teacher. It was his sister's, and then his, so it's going on sixty years old--she bought it at the school garage sale two years ago, and sanded it and painted it white. Looks so nice, and comes with the bonus of having belonged to someone that Katie thinks very highly of--and he was using it when he was her age!

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Looks really nice, Karen! Good for you for learning something new, and for Katie too! xo, O

Lynn Cohen said...

Wow, I am impressed.I would love floors like these. Love her colors too. Fun to have teacher's desk. Sweet.

Janet said...

The floor looks great! I'm not sure I'd tackle laminate flooring although I have laid tiles. The wall color is so fresh and bright and fun.