Search This Blog

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Scatterbrained

I'm feeling very scatterbrained today--more than usual, anyhow.

I've spent the past week talking with parents and teachers about the school board issues; we've (the board members) been given a list of ten questions to research. We're to write a written response for next Wednesday's board meeting.

The things I've been hearing are disheartening, to say the least.

So today I'm going to try and immerse myself in painting and forget about all this. I finshed something last night while Joel was out in the studio working on a biology project. "In Flight" is scanning right now. I'll post it when it's done.

P.S. I found the most amazing glue stick! It's the Power Pritt glue stick and I love it love it love it. I put an Amazon link because it was quick, but I got mine at Office Maxx. Definitely worth the $2.88.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen, you post makes me smile! One can feel that what you are doing you do it entirely, with all your heart! And then you go and immerse yourself in the beautiful painting which makes fantasies fly! And you are in love with a glue stick:)
Have a wonderful weekend, I love your new painting
Andrea

Lynn Cohen said...

I hope you were able to give yourself that break from the school board stuff. One can grow weary trying to solve those kinds of problems...the ones where there is never enough money to make the needed changes occur. (My husband teaches sixth grade in Sacto! We know of what you speak!)