Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Waterboy, Part Two

Lying in bed last night, I figured out a way to minimize some of the damage that the original postcard of the little boy had sustained. Even though this will only be meaningful to Photoshop users, I'll tell you how I did it: I used a monochrome color mixer adjustment layer, decreasing the amount from the blue and green layers, which had the most damage, and increasing the amount of the red layer, which had the least damage. Of course, then the image was completely black and white, so I duplicated the image, set it to color, and placed it above the adj layer. That gave me the original color, but minimized the damage.

No wonder I have trouble sleeping!

I'll be posting all the pieces I used to make this soon--just need to gather them all together...

No comments: