Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2007

Illustration Friday Citrus


This is an experiment. I haven't decided whether I like it or not; I may work on it some more. I'd like to try something more graphic.

The pictures of the pickers is an actual snapshot of men working at a citrus ranch here in the Central Valley in 1895. I have a wonderful old snapshot of a little girl, big bow in her hair, sitting on a ladder in an orange orchard, but could I find it this morning? Nope. I need to scan everything and then tag each photo, I guess. Then I'd be able to pull things up by keywords...

3 comments:

studio lolo said...

I like it!! And my maiden name is "Porter" so this one really caught my eye :)

Lindsey Wilson said...

I really love this piece. And your blog. It's all quite inspiring. Thanks!

Diane Duda said...

I love it, Karen! REally!