Search This Blog

Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Night on Maternity Watch

The wonderful man who built my studio for me stopped by the other day to see how I was doing, and when he saw the one littlest goat, he said "She's due any day now." and then went into details of how he knew, which I won't bore you with here...

So little Ducky is locked in the big stall in the barn and she and poor Roseblossom are forced to nuzzle each other through the openings. I guess they're better friends than I knew.

I'm so hoping that this birth goes better than the one in January. I'm sure it will all happen in the middle of the night, maybe at 5 a.m. so that I've gotten up many times during the night to check her... She's definitely (what do I know?) in labor. The only labors I've attended have been my own, and I didn't get to see much--but as far as I can tell, it'll be today or tomorrow.

No comments: