Search This Blog

Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Blog Banner for You?


I've been playing with Photoshop and messing around with the idea of changing my blog banner on a regular basis. Last night I was trying to think of other "real" reasons to create digital images, and I wondered if any of you out there would want me to create a blog banner for you? It would give me more of a purpose, and though I'm not guaranteeing that you'd like the banner, I'd certainly try to make one that fits your style. It would give me a goal/challenge in much the same way that Illustration Friday does.

I know that many of you who visit here are artists and could make your own blog banner--

Well. Let me know in the comments if you're interested. You certainly don't have to use it just because I make it--you could just post it in one entry, if you wanted, or not post it at all. I can hear myself apologizing for even PRESUMING that anyone would be interested--stop it, Karen!

I'll post a few of my experiments from last night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would love for you to make me one. What do you charge for a blog banner? How much input does your client have on the banner? Do you just let their personality inspire you or what? Hee! Very fun!

Karen Smithey said...

I guess I wasn't clear--I don't charge anything because I'm just learning--I'd love for you to have lots of input--colors, images, words/poetry--if you give me the equivalent of a shoebox full of ideas, I'll make you a banner! I promise I won't put any drippy ceilings or buckets of water in it, unless you want me to!

Tanaya said...

oh, i would love, love, love a blog banner! But you'd have to tell me how to "install" it, because I'm a bit clueless.

I've wanted one for a year now, and just can't figure it out.

that is such a generous offer!! :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to have one too.
What a wonderful offer. Where can I leave the input on it?

Karen Smithey said...

If you'd like a blog header, please email me your info at karen@ksmithey.com or leave the info here in a post.

Marina Berryman said...

If you're serious about the offer, I'd love to see what you'd come up with for me. I've been blogging for about 1 yr. Currently using a standard design from Typepad. Doesn't really reflect me at all. I will send you info. Thanks so much!