Search This Blog

Thursday, February 22, 2007

More Photoshop

I've spent part of this morning working with Photoshop Masking and Compositing by Katrin Eismann. I've learned more about PS from this single book that I have in the five years I've been using PS. I think the biggest difference in this book and others I've read is that this one isn't simply a cookbook for creating certain effects. With this book I'm learning how to USE the tools that PS offers. I'm not articulating this very well. Sufficeth it to say I can't recommend it highly enough--I even put a link up. I've also purchased the same author's book Photoshop Retouching and Restoration, but haven't started working on it yet.

Today I finished learning how to use the pen tool to create paths and selections, and then started on the chapter called "Masks Are Your Friends." I think that this chapter may be one I'll have to work through several times in order to get it to stick in this old brain!

The power went out in the studio this morning--just the heater and the lights--I still had computer power and music. I let it get chilly in here before I went out to flip the main breaker--brrr.

I think beginning to work through Finding Water is really inspiring me. I've been having so much fun looking through the blogs of other people in the group! One of my goals for this next week is create a more comprehensive list of blog links in one of my sidebars--maybe a revamping of the W-List?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that you're learning all that good stuff. Perhaps I should just get the book and stop being jealous and do it myself!