Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Finding Water

This is a copy of the contract I've signed with myself for this twelve week adventure for Finding Water, Julia Cameron's new book. I've been doing my morning pages for the last couple of weeks--I figured I'd start early--and have yet to figure out what my Artist Date will be this week. Maybe a trip to the fabric store? It's almost an hour away, so it'll gobble up the whole day, but that's okay, right?

I've been thinking about doing monoprints on fabric, then using the fabric for quilting. In truth, quilting is really just a fabric collage... I'm not sure how it would work--maybe iron the base fabric to freezer paper, ink up some palette paper, then draw on the back side of the freezer paper to transfer paint to fabric? Then I'd have the freezer paper to use as a template for the applique and quilting...

See? I'm already full of new ideas and ready for adventure! Lots of times, I used to worry that I was travelling down some path that would bear no fruit--in my old age (!) I see that every path has something to offer. Every single thing I've done in the past has made me who I am today, and there is no such thing as wasted time out here in the studio.

Off to play.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, Bravo! And I'm making the same discovery - about all the paths and how they twine together as I head into Shadow Wymyn, mixed media...was going to start tonight but find it 9:30 (just glazed a kiln load of Ugly Fish and Wylde Women)and my back hurts. This week is so full of Dr appts and Finding Water and artist date and walk (not done) and morning pages which are setting it all free that I think I need my sleep to keep up with it all!.
So what kind of fabric do you monoprint onto? I'm fascinated by the little that you have written so far - and love the idea of using it to make a quilt!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for getting an early start on the Morning Pages! You lead us and I'll bring up the rear. :)

Kelly

gma said...

Your blog title just gave me an idea...I posted my FW buried dream on my blog. Hmmm synchronicity?