Search This Blog

Monday, November 13, 2006

an experiment


This is a close up of yesterday's 'art for the day', which was a small quilting experiment, inspired by Beaney and Littlejohn's book, Stitch Magic. Not nearly finished yet--I'm planning on this being heavily handstitched--

The idea is to use fusible web and a translucent fabric (in this case, tulle) to trap little pieces of fabric, yarn, glitter and thread. The next step would be to machine quilt over it (I didn't do this last night as everyone was asleep) and then hand embellish it with thread and maybe even some beading.

I may make another small base piece (this is 5"x7") and machine quilt it before I begin hand stitching... I do love experimenting. It just occurred to me that I could also try ironing Pearl Ex into the fusible web (just a pinch) and that maybe I could also add foiling...

No comments: