Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Day in the Studio


Not a terribly productive day in the studio--I've been working on a small collection of altered postcards, adding acrylic paint, pieces of pages of vintage books, copies of people's pictures from old cabinet cards and some rubber stamping. Lots of fun, this was inspired by Try It Tuesday's last tutorial. I've done inkjet transparency transfers before, but I'd forgotten how much I love the imperfection of the resulting image. I feel bad that this hasn't been a terribly productive day, but I guess that has to be okay--I can't just produce on demand, and the biggest point is to be here and keep working. I sold "Road to the Beach" a couple of nights ago, so I have to say goodbye to that piece. One of my goals is to become less attached to my projects. I have to be willing to let them go and share them with other people.

1 comment:

Ellie Knol said...

This is beautiful!
I know this is a very old post of yours, but I only now discovered your blog, so I am enjoying all of your old posts...